Pine Cobble School is welcoming applicants to their Fellowship program for the 2021-2022 academic year. Fellows have the opportunity to teach in an elementary and middle school setting, surrounded by a supportive and diverse community of educators.
This Fellowship is designed for a hard-working, thoughtful, and passionate college graduate who is interested in growing as an educator and leader.
This job is for those:
- Eager to pursue or explore a career in education at a school that prioritizes experiential and place-based learning.
- Dedicated to children and inspired and excited to learn alongside and develop healthy relationships with them.
- Self-described as lifelong learners–curious, open to new perspectives and experiences, and interested in personal and intellectual growth.
- Self-motivated to take on leadership roles and adapt to challenges.
- Looking to immerse themselves in a community.
2021-2022 Fellows will:
- Take responsibility for leading or co-teaching a class. In a remote learning setting responsibilities may change due to the age of the students with whom the fellow is working.
- Help run the after-school program.
- Assist with leading extracurricular activities such as sports or clubs.
- Observe and assist experienced educators in the classroom.
- Participate in and help facilitate community gatherings.
- Assume other duties, as needed.
Pine Cobble School prioritizes amplifying historically marginalized voices in the classroom, ensuring that all intellectual inquiry both reflects and promotes broad perspectives and cultures; candidates who are committed to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply. Pine Cobble School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other such characteristis. If you are interested, please submit a letter of interest, teaching resume, unofficial transcript, and three letters of recommendation to the hiring committee at [email protected].
Application Requirements: Please submit to [email protected] by May 1, 2021.
- Letter of interest
- Teaching resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
This Fellowship includes a stipend, housing, and school lunch. The position also requires Fellows to help run an after-school program for two and a half hours per day, which is compensated separately by an hourly wage.
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school: Pre-K – 8th Grade in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education; actively fostering creativity, curiosity, positive work ethic, community engagement, and laughter.