Seeking: Rock Star Teacher for Intermediate School
Written by Christy Richardson on July 20, 2015
Pine Cobble School seeks a fourth grade teacher for the 2015-2016 school year.
This job is for you if:
- You adore teaching, you’re kind of a rock star at it, and you want the freedom and flexibility to do it well.
- You’re also an explorer, a philosopher, a star-gazer, and an adventurer.
- You aspire not only to nourish children’s minds, but also to stir their hearts and souls.
- You set big, reach-for-the-stars goals for yourself and your students, and you plan purposefully and exhaustively to reach them.
- You’re also fearless in the face of failure, because you know that’s where the greatest learning happens.
- You count among your personal friends Harriet M. Welsch, Claudia Kincaid, Samwise Gamgee, Meg Murray, Josh “Filthy McNasty” Bell, Auggie Pullman, Fern Arable, and/or Neville Longbottom.
- You know that math and poetry both hold the secrets of the universe, and your favorite question is “why.”
- Like Einstein, you’re certain that imagination is the grandest form of intelligence.
- You’ve discovered that the best way to inspire kids to work hard is allowing them to play hard, too.
- You know the secret to great teaching: that kids give their top efforts when you give your own.
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 9, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. Our intermediate school serves grades 4 – 6. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly day-long ski/skate adventures in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll just have to see to believe.
Sound like the right fit? Then send your resume, cover letter, statement of purpose, and two letters of recommendation to Barbara Baran at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1st.