Early Childhood Division / Beginners, Pre-K, and Kindergarten
Learning is a natural activity for young children. Pine Cobble provides a supportive, engaging, and enchanting early childhood environment that embraces on our youngest students’ enthusiasm for discovery. Our program has become so popular in the region that we recently doubled the size of our Pre-K program.
A child’s first school experience is critical. During the years that span our early childhood program – from 2 years 9 months through kindergarten – children make spectacular leaps and demonstrate remarkable —even mind-boggling —growth.
These are the years when children learn to make a successful transition between home and school. They learn to be independent, to use language in constructive ways, to cooperate, to share, to take turns. They master the building blocks of all the future years of their education: recognizing patterns, observing and exploring the world around them, asking questions, listening carefully. They learn the magic of books, of imagination, of creativity and self-expression. They begin to master a sense of self-control. They go from mastering simple motor skills, like hopping and jumping, to complex ones, like gliding across the ice on two narrow blades. They make friends. They learn to trust teachers. They learn that kindness matters in the world.
At Pine Cobble School, our early childhood education educators are here to guide them as they make these leaps. Our early childhood faculty aren’t simply good; they are genuinely gifted. With enthusiasm, energy, warmth, and humor, these teachers craft a developmentally appropriate environment that encourages play, exploration, creativity, imagination, and learning.
- Curriculum is wholly engaging; teachers are gifted at using children’s specific interests as a gateway to learning.
- Children spend much of the day moving…both inside and outside.
- The program makes full use of our 20+ acre campus. Children breathe fresh air; catch frogs in our pond; plant and harvest gardens; explore fields and forests; study trees, soil, flowers, animal prints, insects, the sky above.
- Gifted and loving classroom teachers are supported by specialists in Spanish, library, science, physical education, music, and art.
- Rather than being compartmentalized, all teachers coordinate daily to make sure that lessons are reinforced in multiple ways. This allows children to apply knowledge in new ways, and ensures that their newfound insights are connected in a meaningful way to the world around them.
- Program builds strong partnerships between the school, children and families. Parents are welcome to participate in the classroom by reading stories, helping with cooking projects and other classroom activities, sharing unique interests and skills, or simply playing with the children. Ongoing communication between home and school makes the transition seamless for young learners.
- Stimulating environment incorporates developmentally appropriate materials and interactive stations that encourage play, exploration, creativity, imagination, and a range of cognitive, social, and motor skills.
- We don’t just nurture young children’s minds; we also help them make good choices, inside the classroom, and out. Here, our youngest children learn the importance of being a good friend, a respectful classmate, and an important member of the school family.
- Each classroom is a safe and nurturing environment, and children feel valued as individuals, as well as empowered to try new things.
- Most important, your child will be known and loved.