Join Our Team
An athletic coach guides athletes and teaches them the skills they need for a specific sport. Their duties include developing programs that build these skills, conditioning athletes, and enforcing safety procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Embrace and model Pine Cobble values
- Develop a strong relationship with players, coaches, parents, and Pine Cobble employees
- Establish an inclusive and fun atmosphere
- Travel with the team to and from away games
- Support the bus driver with behavior management
- Remain on campus until all players are picked up after all games
- Plan and lead engaging and productive practice sessions (Tuesday–Friday, 2:05–3:10 p.m.)
- Develop strategies to lead the team to victory in competitions
- Provide feedback and coaching during competitions
- Maintain player and team records
- Mentor players to develop sportsmanship and respect for the game
- Motivate players to operate to their greatest athletic potential
- Maintain athletic equipment and facilities to ensure safe playing conditions
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior experience in coaching
This position requires a moderate amount of walking, standing, sitting, and climbing stairs whenever necessary. Activities also include moderate physical exertion in body movement such as reaching, bending, twisting, grasping, pushing, and pulling of objects. This position requires lifting objects of 20 pounds on a frequent basis, and over 20 pounds occasionally. There is a frequent requirement of fine manipulation associated with the required use of a computer and other business machines.
The School is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or any other status protected by applicable law. The School will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities or pregnancy-related conditions, in accordance with applicable law.
Please submit a cover letter, résumé, and 3 references to Ellen Sutherland, Human Resources Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 14, 2023.