Pine Cobble School Employment Opportunities
School Nurse RN
Pine Cobble School is seeking a person who loves working with children and wants to help them further understand the importance of health and wellness. While your primary focus as our School Nurse will be organizing health forms for field trips, conducting health screenings, administering medical care, the administration of prescription medications, and communicating with parents, teachers, and administrators, your biggest job, through your words and your actions, will be to help students know they are cared for and valued. That is what we do best at Pine Cobble School.
Other duties include: maintaining records; documenting student immunizations, allergies, and medications; and working with school administrators to develop health and safety policies, procedures, and professional development training for school employees.
The successful candidate will understand the culture of Pine Cobble; know from experience that children develop at different paces and be there to support them in that development; be highly organized, thorough, and detail-oriented. Job qualifications include: a bachelor’s degree, master’s preferred, licensed registered nurse in the State of Massachusetts, Massachusetts DESE Certification as a School Nurse or be able to obtain it, current certification in CPR, AED, First Aid, and two+ years of experience at a school or in an educational environment.
If this sounds like you — and if you’re excited by the prospect of spending your days in a small, close-knit child-centered environment — please submit a cover letter, resume, statement of purpose, diversity statement and three references to Sue Wells at [email protected], by June 29, 2020.
Pine Cobble School has a deep commitment to social justice. We ask faculty/staff applicants to submit a brief equity/diversity/inclusion statement. This statement might include one or more of the following components: a discussion of why equity, diversity and inclusion issues are important; discussion of personal experiences and their effects on your thinking about equity, diversity and inclusion; examples of equity, diversity and inclusion issues at play in teaching you have done; and other relevant thoughts and experiences.
After School Teacher / Substitute Teacher
Pine Cobble School seeks after-school teachers and substitute teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. Please consider applying if you:
- Have a knack for getting the best out of children of all ages. You’re able to keep them engaged, anticipate when they’re on the verge of the wiggles, and you’re proactive, clear, and warm in your approach.
- Are responsible but not rigid; organized but not inflexible; and you have high standards.
- Value and model Pine Cobble’s character pillars: compassion, respect, honesty, awareness of others, courage, gratitude, responsibility, and perseverance.
- Understand that children are individuals. You’re eager to get to know what makes each tick, and you’ll adjust your own approach if it helps a child thrive.
- Have a keen sense of humor (and you’re not afraid to use it!).
- Know that childhood matters. You give 100% when you’re around children, because you know there’s no such thing as an insignificant moment in the life of a child.
Pine Cobble School has set as a strategic priority amplifying historically marginalized voices in the classroom and ensuring that all intellectual inquiry both reflects and promotes broad perspectives and cultures; candidates who are committed to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Christy St. John at [email protected].
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 9, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly skiing/skating in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll have to see to believe.