Pine Cobble School Employment Opportunities
Food Program Coordinator
Pine Cobble School, an independent day school in Williamstown, seeks an efficient, organized, and hardworking part-time Food Program Coordinator. This will be a half-time job (10:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. five days a week). The role involves planning the sequence of meals each month (menu of meals has been pre-set by Wild Oats Food Co-op) coordinating orders between families and Wild Oats, daily on-site preparation (heating main meals, chopping up salad bar items, etc.) serving, cleaning, and keeping the kitchen organized.
This job is for you if:
- You’re organized, capable, and able to plan ahead.You love making people happy, and you know that there’s no better way to promote joy than to fill children’s bellies with delicious, healthy meals.
- You find the fun in all you do.
- You delegate with clarity…and always with a smile on your face.
- You’re unflappable, you work well with others, and you’ll do whatever it takes to deliver a fabulous meal on time each day.
- You enjoy children and adults in equal parts, and you’re happiest when you’re helping out.
- You’re eager to be part of something that is bigger than yourself, and you’re excited to make a meaningful difference in the lives of kids.
Sound like you? Then send your resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to [email protected] Application deadline, September 5, 2018. Pine Cobble School offers an outstanding education, while actively fostering creativity, curiosity, hard work, integrity, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, and weekly skiing/skating in winter. Candidates who are committed to equity and justice in their work are especially encouraged to apply.
After School Teacher / Substitute Teacher
Pine Cobble School seeks after-school teachers and substitute teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. Please consider applying if you:
- Have a knack for getting the best out of children of all ages. You’re able to keep them engaged, anticipate when they’re on the verge of the wiggles, and you’re proactive, clear, and warm in your approach.
- Are responsible but not rigid; organized but not inflexible; and you have high standards.
- Value and model Pine Cobble’s character pillars: compassion, respect, honesty, awareness of others, courage, gratitude, responsibility, and perseverance.
- Understand that children are individuals. You’re eager to get to know what makes each tick, and you’ll adjust your own approach if it helps a child thrive.
- Have a keen sense of humor (and you’re not afraid to use it!).
- Know that childhood matters. You give 100% when you’re around children, because you know there’s no such thing as an insignificant moment in the life of a child.
Pine Cobble School has set as a strategic priority amplifying historically marginalized voices in the classroom and ensuring that all intellectual inquiry both reflects and promotes broad perspectives and cultures; candidates who are committed to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Christy St. John at [email protected].
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 9, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly skiing/skating in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll have to see to believe.