Kindergarten Teacher for the 2023/2024 school year
Pine Cobble School is seeking a kindergarten teacher to create a flexible kindergarten program
and a class environment favorable to students’ academic and social emotional growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans and implements a program that follows the approved curriculum standards,
goals and objectives.
- Uses effective teaching techniques, materials and educational experiences to support instruction within curriculum guidelines.
- Prioritizes equity and inclusion in instructional practices, as well as interaction with
students, families, and colleagues.
- Coordinates with Specials teachers to best support student growth in all content areas
- Monitors and assess student progress in order to provide feedback on a regular basis
to students, their parents and- as needed-administration.
- Establishes and maintains fair and just standards for student behavior needed to
achieve an effective and safe learning environment.
- Observe, record and analyze children’s progress towards desired developmental
outcomes throughout the year and in narratives for term reports.
- Establishes effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills,
attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for upper elementary
grade education; Establishes good relationships with parents and with other staff
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and
small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available
time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a
functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and
prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss
pupil’s progress and interpret the school’s program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in
assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive
displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided
by the school and self-selected professional growth activities.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with the school testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Instruct students using the Project Read curriculum.Instruct students using the Math in Focus Singapore Math curriculum.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil activities.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by Administration.
- Participate in School activities including chaperoning and participating in field trips, service
days, and field days.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Prior Work Experience.
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three letters of reference to Ellen Sutherland at
firstname.lastname@example.org by May 16, 2023.