Pine Cobble School Employment Opportunities
Pine Cobble School, an independent day school in Williamstown, seeks an efficient, organized, and professional School Coordinator. It’s a role that involves a dizzying array of tasks, so a spirit of adventure comes in handy. In this role, you’ll greet visitors; answer phones; track down students and teachers; manage the calendar; oversee newsletters and website updates; manage spreadsheets and databases; serve as an information hub for students, families, and faculty; and even apply band-aids and soothe upset tummies…and that’s all by 10:00 AM!
This job is for you if:
- You thrive on bringing order to chaos.
- You understand that in every task, there’s an element of fun.
- You’re simultaneously no-nonsense and nurturing, unflappable and friendly, and you want to be part of a team.
- You’re a proven and composed problem-solver, and your ability to multi-task wows others.
- You enjoy children and adults in equal parts, and you’re happiest when you’re helping out.
- You can write, edit, and proofread; you’re proficient with spreadsheets; and you pick up new systems with ease.
- You like hats; you’ll wear a lot of them here.
College degree preferred; sense of purpose and mission a must. Sound like you? Then send your resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to Christy St. John at [email protected]. Application deadline July 25, 2018. Pine Cobble School offers an outstanding education, while actively fostering creativity, curiosity, hard work, integrity, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly skiing/skating in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll have to see to believe.
Director of Athletics/Camp Director
Pine Cobble School is expanding its team! We seek a rockstar Director of Athletics and Camp Director to oversee and implement four integral aspects of the Pine Cobble School experience:
(1) team athletics for all students in grades 6-9 (soccer and field hockey in the fall, boys’ and girls’ lacrosse in the spring)
(2) weekly winter sports program (downhill and nordic skiing, ice skating), which happens weekly during school hours for all students K-9
(3) our summer day camp programming (we currently offer programs for ages 3-12)
(4) special events, including Pine Cobble traditions like Mountain Day and Field Day
In this position, you will be in charge of budgets, staffing, scheduling, transportation, communication with families, and connecting with students who have a wide range of athletic backgrounds and skills. You’ll schedule games, design summer programs, hire and train coaches and staff, and make sure that Pine Cobble School lives its mission not only inside the classroom, but also on our fields, on ski slopes and skating rinks, in the woods, on top of mountains, and during summer breaks.
This job is for you if:
You’re eager to make a mark. You’re ready to roll up your sleeves and take a solid program to the next level.
You can think big picture…You can see not only what’s there, but also what could be there. You’re committed to creating not merely good experiences, but awesome ones — the kind kids will still be smiling about decades from now.
…And you also obsess over details. You’re organized, efficient, and thorough. You make lists (and check them twice), plan exhaustively, meet deadlines, and follow through.
You’re a leader…. Your expectations are clear, your attitude is positive, you’re cool under pressure, and you can think on your feet. On top of that, you’ve also got that special something — elusive yet totally real —that makes the people around you excited to bring their best selves.
…But you’re not afraid to jump in. You’re happy to search for a lost ski, lace up an ice skate, haul equipment, drive a bus, lead a cheer, apply sunscreen, and give hundreds and hundreds of high fives. In other words, you do whatever needs to be done, whenever it’s needed.
You believe in the power of athletics and camp… You know that the right summer and sports experience can foster not merely skills, but also lifelong character and integrity. You know entire lives are transformed by those moments where a child takes a leap, plays hard, learns to be part of a team, and leaves everything on the field.
…and you know it’s all about the kids. You never, ever lose sight of your purpose: helping one child at a time dare to aspire, to step out of a comfort zone, to push themselves, and to discover new sources of strength, courage, and confidence.
If this sounds like you — and if you’re excited by the prospect of spending your days with passionate colleagues in a dazzling natural setting — please submit a cover letter, resume, statement of purpose and references to Christy St. John at [email protected]. Candidates who are committed to equity and justice in their work are especially encouraged to apply.
After School Teacher / Substitute Teacher
Pine Cobble School seeks after-school teachers and substitute teachers for the 2017-2018 school year. Please consider applying if you:
- Have a knack for getting the best out of children of all ages. You’re able to keep them engaged, anticipate when they’re on the verge of the wiggles, and you’re proactive, clear, and warm in your approach.
- Are responsible but not rigid; organized but not inflexible; and you have high standards.
- Value and model Pine Cobble’s character pillars: compassion, respect, honesty, awareness of others, courage, gratitude, responsibility, and perseverance.
- Understand that children are individuals. You’re eager to get to know what makes each tick, and you’ll adjust your own approach if it helps a child thrive.
- Have a keen sense of humor (and you’re not afraid to use it!).
- Know that childhood matters. You give 100% when you’re around children, because you know there’s no such thing as an insignificant moment in the life of a child.
Pine Cobble School has set as a strategic priority amplifying historically marginalized voices in the classroom and ensuring that all intellectual inquiry both reflects and promotes broad perspectives and cultures; candidates who are committed to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Christy St. John at [email protected].
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 9, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly skiing/skating in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll have to see to believe.