Pine Cobble School Employment Opportunities
After School Teacher / Substitute Teacher
Pine Cobble School seeks after-school teachers and substitute teachers for the 2019-2020 school year. Please consider applying if you:
- Have a knack for getting the best out of children of all ages. You’re able to keep them engaged, anticipate when they’re on the verge of the wiggles, and you’re proactive, clear, and warm in your approach.
- Are responsible but not rigid; organized but not inflexible; and you have high standards.
- Value and model Pine Cobble’s character pillars: compassion, respect, honesty, awareness of others, courage, gratitude, responsibility, and perseverance.
- Understand that children are individuals. You’re eager to get to know what makes each tick, and you’ll adjust your own approach if it helps a child thrive.
- Have a keen sense of humor (and you’re not afraid to use it!).
- Know that childhood matters. You give 100% when you’re around children, because you know there’s no such thing as an insignificant moment in the life of a child.
Pine Cobble School has set as a strategic priority amplifying historically marginalized voices in the classroom and ensuring that all intellectual inquiry both reflects and promotes broad perspectives and cultures; candidates who are committed to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Christy St. John at [email protected].
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 9, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly skiing/skating in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll have to see to believe.
Pine Cobble School is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Day Camp Counselor
Pine Cobble Day Camp is looking for enthusiastic and responsible lead and assistant counselors to work in the summer of 2020. Camp runs for 10 weeks, from the week of June 22 through the week of August 24, from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and serves groups of children ages two years nine months through 10+ years. We are focused on creating a meaningful summer experience where children can learn, grow, and challenge themselves, all while being supported by our wonderful staff.
Both lead and assistant Pine Cobble Day Camp counselors are responsible for organizing, participating in, and leading camp activities throughout the day. All counselors will manage individual and group behavior, and create memorable and meaningful experiences for every camper. Lead counselors will be directly in charge of a program and will organize activities for the upcoming week. Assistant counselors will support in running a successful program.
One of these positions could be a fit for you if:
· You enjoy working with children and/or have experience mentoring youth.
· You are looking for job experience in education and childcare.
· You welcome collaboration and open communication.
· You are open to feedback and thrive in a group setting.
· You have a large and wild imagination.
· You are committed to creating a nurturing environment for kids to grow, learn, lead, and discover.
· Lead and assist in leading camp activities with enthusiasm, intention, and clarity.
· Supervise and ensure the safety of campers at all times.
· Manage group and individual behaviors.
· Actively engage with both campers and families.
· Actively participate and assist in daily camp set up, clean up, and break down.
· Be a positive role model for fellow staff and campers.
If you are interested in either of these positions, please send a resume, cover letter and two references to
Allison Huttick at [email protected] any time before April 1st.