Pine Cobble After School Kids (ASK) Club Coordinator/Camp Director
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, preschool through eighth grade in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We have a deep commitment to ensuring that our community is inclusive. We are also committed to social justice.
Pine Cobble School is seeking a Camp Director and After School Program Coordinator to oversee and implement important aspects of the Pine Cobble School experience:
- oversee planning and programming for After School Kids (ASK) club for preschool through eighth grade students.
- hire, train, and continuously supervise all ASK and camp staff members.
- coordinate with our faculty, and community members at large regarding class and club offerings.
- oversee hiring, planning, budgets, camp manual/procedures, programming for children in preschool through eighth grade
- continue the traditions of our summer camp, and what it means to really enjoy summer as a kid in the beautiful Berkshires, and start new adventures for the summers ahead.
- communicate with families regarding programming and other concerns
- supervise children daily as they wait for the bus
- adhering to Pine Cobble processes and administrative duties under the direction of the business manager
This job is for you if:
You can think of the big picture. You can see not only what’s there, but also what could be there. You’re committed to creating not merely good experiences, but meaningful arts experiences.
You’re committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. You respect and value the diversity that shapes a multitude of identities, pay attention to supporting inclusive learning environments for the children in our community.
You enjoy collaboration. Your attitude is positive, and you embrace opportunities to learn from and teach others.
You know it’s all about the children. You never lose sight of your purpose: helping Pine Cobble design a program that fosters love for the arts in young people.
If this sounds like you, please submit a cover letter, resume, statement of purpose and three references to Alana Harte at firstname.lastname@example.org, by October 5, 2022. We ask that applicants submit a statement that includes one or more of the following components: a discussion of how you will uphold Pine Cobble’s values of, diversity, equity and inclusion; discussion of personal experiences and their effects on your thinking about equity, diversity and inclusion; examples of equity, diversity and inclusion issues at play in teaching you have done and how you’ve embraced them.
After School Teachers
Pine Cobble School seeks after-school teachers for the 2022-2023 school year. Please consider applying if you:
- Have a knack for getting the best out of children of all ages. You’re able to keep them engaged, anticipate when they’re on the verge of the wiggles, and you’re proactive, clear, and warm in your approach.
- Are responsible but not rigid; organized but not inflexible; and you have high standards.
- Value and model Pine Cobble’s character pillars: compassion, respect, honesty, awareness of others, courage, gratitude, responsibility, and perseverance.
- Understand that children are individuals. You’re eager to get to know what makes each tick, and you’ll adjust your own approach if it helps a child thrive.
- Have a keen sense of humor (and you’re not afraid to use it!).
- Know that childhood matters. You give 100% when you’re around children, because you know there’s no such thing as an insignificant moment in the life of a child.
If this sounds like you, please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to Dan Weissbrodt at email@example.com. Pine Cobble School has a deep commitment to ensuring that our diverse community is inclusive. We are also committed to social justice. We ask faculty/staff applicants to submit a statement that includes one or more of the following components: a discussion of how you will uphold Pine Cobble’s values of, diversity, equity and inclusion; discussion of personal experiences and their effects on your thinking about equity, diversity and inclusion; examples of equity, diversity and inclusion issues at play in teaching you have done and how you’ve embraced them.
Pine Cobble offers an outstanding education, while actively fostering creativity, curiosity, hard work, integrity, community, and laughter. Candidates who are committed to equity and justice in their work are especially encouraged to apply. Pine Cobble School prioritizes amplifying historically marginalized voices in the classroom, ensuring that all intellectual inquiry both reflects and promotes broad perspectives and cultures; candidates who are committed to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply. Pine Cobble School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other such characteristics.
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 8, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter.