Pine Cobble School Employment Opportunities
We’re excited – it is time to integrate wholesome foods and the science behind them into our curriculum, while preparing healthy lunches each day.
Every lunch period, Pine Cobble School students dine family-style in mixed age groups. Starting September of 2019, we will offer students made-from-scratch hot meals, with robust salad bar offerings and fruit. We want to bring nutrition and wellness into the curriculum, through classroom activities related to cooking, healthy eating, and an expansion to a garden-to-table program.
We’re looking for the right person for our community who can make nutritious meals and coordinate nutritional programming for students. This job is for you if you:
- Are dynamic, love community and are a fabulous multi-tasker.
- Are ready to prepare delicious meals for up to 80 children/adults each day, using wholesome, whole, ingredients.
- You have a sense of humor, day after day.
- Possess cooking, planning, and budgeting skills.
- Look forward to teaching age-appropriate food education.
- Adore kids and connect well with them.
- Know that whole foods are about so much more than simply filling bellies; indeed, healthful meals are an extension of your vision for a better world.
Along with preparing daily lunches you’ll also plan and prepare food for special events throughout the year, and be a positive, contributing member of the Pine Cobble School community. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume and references to [email protected] by March 15, 2019.
Pine Cobble School, an independent day school in Williamstown, seeks an efficient, organized system administrator to oversee the system conversion to our new Blackbaud system, and once the transfer is in place, continue to serve as the school’s system administrator to ensure proper use and upkeep of the database. This position is for you if:
- You have experience with Blackbaud. The school has done an extensive search to find our next school management software. We have chosen Blackbaud and are seeking someone who knows the system and can ensure we use it to its full potential.
- You understand data. You know that an organization’s long-term success depends on quality information. You’re able to optimize and leverage information to meet strategic goals.
- You’re a team player. While you have a no-nonsense approach to your own work, you’re also eager to spend your days in an environment that embraces fun and laughter.
- You can see the big picture. We’re a small school with big ideas and big plans; we’re looking for someone who gets excited about seeing how all the data connects and how it can lead us to our goals.
- You’re self-assured. Not only are you undaunted by challenge and fearless in the face of unexpected, you also notice opportunities to improve records, and you take every opportunity you see.
- You have the heart of a teacher. You find joy in working with folks who have various levels of technology experience and fluency, recognizing that everyone can learn when taught with the right methods.
- You have a proven track record. You’ve worked with data before, so you’ve been able to establish standards, evaluate and improve systems, run a variety of reports, and identify strategic opportunities to use data in new ways.
- You like to wear different hats. Sure, much of your day will be spent at a computer. But at a school as small and dynamic as Pine Cobble, we’ll embrace all the talents you bring!
College degree preferred; sense of purpose and mission a must. Sound like you? Then send your resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to Christy St. John at [email protected]. Application deadline March 5, 2019. Pine Cobble offers an outstanding education, while actively fostering creativity, curiosity, hard work, integrity, community, and laughter. Candidates who are committed to equity and justice in their work are especially encouraged to apply.
Summer Camp Counselor
Pine Cobble Day Camp is hiring for our 2019 summer season!
Pine Cobble Day Camp is looking for enthusiastic and responsible lead and assistant counselors to work in the summer of 2019. Camp runs for 9 weeks, from the week of June 24 through the week of August 19th, from 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m., and serves groups of children ages two years nine months to 13 years old. We are focused on creating a meaningful summer experience where children can learn, grow, and challenge themselves, all while being supported by our wonderful staff.
Overview: Both lead and assistant Pine Cobble Day Camp counselors are responsible for organizing, participating in, and leading camp activities throughout the day. All counselors will manage individual and group behavior, and create memorable and meaningful experiences for every camper. Lead counselors will be directly in charge of a program and will organize activities for the upcoming week. Assistant counselors will support in running a successful program.
One of these positions could be a fit for you if:
- You enjoy working with children and/or have experience mentoring youth.
- You are looking for job experience in education and childcare.
- You welcome collaboration and open communication.
- You are open to feedback and thrive in a group setting.
- You have a large and wild imagination.
- You are committed to creating a nurturing environment for kids to grow, learn, lead, and discover.
- Lead and assist in leading camp activities with enthusiasm, intention, and clarity.
- Supervise and ensure the safety of campers at all times.
- Manage group and individual behaviors.
- Actively engage with both campers and families.
- Actively participate and assist in daily camp set up, clean up, and break down.
- Be a positive role model for fellow staff and campers.
If you are interested in either of these positions, please send a resume, cover letter and two references to Allison Huttick at [email protected] any time before April 1st.
After School Teacher / Substitute Teacher
Pine Cobble School seeks after-school teachers and substitute teachers for the 2018-2019 school year. Please consider applying if you:
- Have a knack for getting the best out of children of all ages. You’re able to keep them engaged, anticipate when they’re on the verge of the wiggles, and you’re proactive, clear, and warm in your approach.
- Are responsible but not rigid; organized but not inflexible; and you have high standards.
- Value and model Pine Cobble’s character pillars: compassion, respect, honesty, awareness of others, courage, gratitude, responsibility, and perseverance.
- Understand that children are individuals. You’re eager to get to know what makes each tick, and you’ll adjust your own approach if it helps a child thrive.
- Have a keen sense of humor (and you’re not afraid to use it!).
- Know that childhood matters. You give 100% when you’re around children, because you know there’s no such thing as an insignificant moment in the life of a child.
Pine Cobble School has set as a strategic priority amplifying historically marginalized voices in the classroom and ensuring that all intellectual inquiry both reflects and promotes broad perspectives and cultures; candidates who are committed to equity and justice are especially encouraged to apply. If you are interested, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to Christy St. John at [email protected].
Pine Cobble School is an independent day school, Pre-K through 9, in Williamstown, Massachusetts. We offer an outstanding education, and we actively foster creativity, curiosity, hard work, community, and laughter. We have a 20+ acre campus, weekly skiing/skating in winter, and a healthy lunch program that you’ll have to see to believe.